TomTom Introduces the New TomTom ONE Range
Two new models with slimmer design and choice of regional and European maps
Amsterdam, 30 August 2006 – TomTom, Europe’s leading personal in-car navigation solution provider, today announces the two successors to the world’s best selling portable navigation device, the TomTom ONE. TomTom ONE (Europe) features complete door-to-door navigation anywhere in Western Europe and TomTom ONE (Regional) comes with maps for a country or region. Starting from €299, the new TomTom ONE models are TomTom’s entry level all-in-one navigation products and will be available from major retailers across Europe.
Combining ease of use, portability, TomTom’s patented touch screen technology and award winning software, the new TomTom ONE models fit in any shirt pocket and can easily be taken from car to car. The new range does not compromise on screen size and quality and features a sleek light-weight design (only 174 grams) and ultra compact measurements (96mm width x 82mm height x 25mm depth).
“TomTom ONE has become one of the most popular consumer electronics goods across Europe, outselling any other portable navigation device on the market.” said Harold Goddijn, TomTom’s chief executive officer. “The new TomTom ONE range is TomTom’s most compelling entry level product offering, and demonstrates TomTom’s commitment to making navigation a reality for everyone”.
In addition, drivers have access to all TomTom PLUS services including safety camera alerts, real-time traffic and weather reports, updates on road conditions and the new Buddies feature. Users can also take advantage of TomTom HOME, the software package that efficiently manages content between one’s PC or MAC and TomTom. Via TomTom HOME users can easily plan routes, download voices, obtain traffic alerts and install maps to keep their TomTom up to date at anytime.
The two new TomTom ONE devices complete TomTom’s comprehensive product offering, which includes:
- TomTom GO 910: pre-installed maps of Europe, USA and Canada, text-to-speech technology, hands-free calling and 20GB hard drive enabling drivers to play music and view images
- TomTom GO 710: pre-installed maps of Western Europe on a SD card, hands-free calling via Bluetooth-enabled phones
- TomTom GO 510: pre-installed maps of a country or region and major roads of Europe on a SD card, hands-free calling via Bluetooth-enabled phones
- TomTom ONE (Europe): TomTom’s ultra light, entry level portable navigation device with maps of Western Europe
- TomTom ONE (Regional): TomTom’s ultra light, entry level portable navigation device with maps of a country or region
- TomTom RIDER: the portable all-in-all navigation solution designed specifically for motorbikes and scooters
- TomTom NAVIGATOR 6: the new integrated solution for mobile phones and PDA’s
Pricing & Availability:
The new TomTom ONE range will be available at major retailers across Europe starting from September 2006. Price and availability will vary per country.
TomTom ONE (Europe) retails at €399
TomTom ONE (Regional) retails at €299